- All articles
- Anger Management
- BODY IMAGE
- Coming Out
- Ex-Gay Issues
- Family Issues
- Gay Affirmative Psychotherapy
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning Terms
- Gay and Lesbian Parenting
- Gay and Lesbian Relationships
- Gay and Lesbian Teenagers
- Gays in the Workplace
- Homosexuality and Pedophilia
- Mixed Orientation Marriages
- Parents of Gay Children
- Psychological Effects of Politics
- Reparative Therapy
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
Gay and Lesbian Relationships
Relationship class for straight, gay and lesbian singles
This four-week workshop is appropriate for singles not currently in a relationship, who are tired of making the same mistakes over and over again and want to learn the secret to finding and keeping lasting love. This workshop is all about transforming the self. Often we are tempted to think the problem is "finding the right person." But this workshop is all about "becoming the right person." This workshop is also an ideal follow-up workshop for those who have taken the couples workshop. Couples have gone through this workshop together after the couples workshop. It is a great opportunity to reflect on one's self within the relationship.
What you can expect from this workshop:
- SELF-DISCOVERY: Discover why you are always attracted to similar types of people. Understand the connection between the frustrations you've experienced in past relationships and your frustrations in childhood. Recognize your past wounds and the defenses which you use to protect yourself from being hurt again. These are the walls that prevent more intimate relationships.
HEALING PAST WOUNDS: You will begin the process of healing past wounds and get a chance to "say goodbye" to former love partners. As you release old feelings you'll be able to look forward to the future and begin to get over your fears.
NEW RELATIONSHIP SKILLS: You will get to practice effective skills to help you break the negative cycle of relating. You'll discover how you inadvertently sabotage relationships to protect yourself from unconscious fears and anticipated hurts. With the new tools learned at this workshop, you will be able to convert conflict into growth in your next relationship.CREATING A PLAN FOR PERSONAL CHANGE: By the end of the workshop you will know what you must change in yourself to Keep The Love You Find - and you'll create a step-by-step personal program to help you achieve your goals.
MEET NEW PEOPLE WHO ARE ALSO INVOLVED IN PERSONAL GROWTH
- UNDERSTAND THE MYSTERY OF LOVE: Learn about the stages of love. Develop an understanding of romantic love, the power struggle and real love.
- RECOGNIZE THE ROLE OF SEX AND SEXUAL CHEMISTRY BETWEEN YOU AND A PARTNER: The role that sex plays in a relationship is important. Learn how it can help and how it can hurt your relationships.
"Keeping the Love You Find"