Based on the best-selling
Dr. Harville Hendrix
"Getting the Love You Want:
A Guide for Couples"
This workshop will benefit you if:
- You want to enrich a good relationship
- You are beginning a relationship you want to keep
- You are in a difficult relationship and you want to resolve longstanding conflicts
- You are near break-up and want to decide if the relationship can be saved
"Sometimes the book is better than the movie, but with this weekend, I think the movie (the workshop) is better to go to
first and then the book". Participant
Your participation will give you:
- New communication skills that break destructive cycles of relating.
- Greater compassion and understanding of yourself and your partner
- An understanding that the unconscious forces that attract you to your partner are also the source of conflict
- Awareness of how to use your relationship for mutual healing and fulfillment
- Ideas for re-establishing the excitement and connection of your early time together
"I forgot how much we used to laugh". Participant
This workshop includes:
Lectures, guided imagery, written exercises and communication processes. While couples are invited to participate and to build a supportive group atmosphere, they are not pressured into unwelcome self-disclosure. This workshop emphasizes partners sharing with each other. Confidentiality is maintained in a safe and comfortable environment.
Presenter: Joe Kort, Ph.D.
Joe Kort is a Nationally Certified Imago Therapist trained to work with couples and singles. He is also a Nationally Certified Workshop Presenter for "Getting The Love You Want" which qualifies him to provide these weekends.
Joe's Masters Degrees have prepared him for both psychology and social work.
He is dedicated to the well-being of all couples, both gay and straight alike. Joe offers individual, group and couples psychotherapy.
"I have learned that my relationship is custom made love" Participant
$750 per couple. Fees include the workshop itself, workbooks, coffee and
tea. Meal breaks and overnight accommodations are not included.