Joe Kort and Associates

Psychotherapist, coach and author Joe Kort, Ph.D, MSW, MA has been in practice since 1985. He specializes in Gay Affirmative Psychotherapy as well as IMAGO Relationship Therapy, which is a specific program involving communication exercises designed for couples to enhance their relationship and for singles to learn relationship skills. It is based on the books Getting The Love You Want and Keeping The Love You Find by Dr. Harville Hendrix.

Dr. Kort is also a Board Certified Sexologist specializing in sex therapy and sexual identity. He also is a Sexual Addiction Therapist, who addresses issues such as responsible non-monogamy/monogamy; childhood sexual, physical and emotional abuse; chemical dependency; mixed-orientation marriages; coming out; and depression and anxiety. He offers workshops for couples and singles. He runs a gay men's group therapy and a men's sexuality group therapy for straight, bi and gay men who are struggling with specific sexual issues. His therapy services are for gays and lesbians as well as heterosexuals.

Dr. Kort's practice is mixed with straight, gay, lesbian and bi-attractional individuals and couples.

Dr. Kort graduated from Michigan State University with dual majors, in Psychology and Social Work. At Wayne State University, he earned his Master's in Social Work (MSW), then a Master’s (MA) in Psychology and has received his doctorate (PhD) in clinical sexology from the American Academy of Clinical Sexologists.

Now an adjunct professor teaching Gay and Lesbian Studies at Wayne State University's School of Social Work, he is doing more writing and workshops on a national level.

To book a workshop for your organization
call 248-399-7317 or email

To schedule a book signing with Dr. Joe Kort at your book store
call 248-399-7317 or email


Joe Kort, Ph.D, MA, LMSW, ACSW
25600 Woodward Ave, Ste 218 · Royal Oak, MI 48067

Tel: (248) 399-7317 | Email Address:

©2010 by Joe Kort and Associates. If you would like to reference any information from my website on your website, please do so by linking to this page. You may NOT remove anything from this website and place it on yours; however, if you would like to place a link on your site that goes back to this page, please eMail me.

Disclaimer: Because each person's situation is unique, I cannot offer advice or suggestions beyond what is available in my books and articles and therefore cannot reply to personal psychological questions. If you wish to schedule an in-person or telephone consultation, please  eMail me or call (248) 399-7317.